Montag, 26. Oktober 2009

The Expatriate Begins...


When I first came to Germany, I was helped out tremendously by the African community living in Freiburg.
They told me what to do in those first critical months following my arrival in Europe without a job or a permanent place to live.

I also met a host of kind Germans who offered me shelter and helped me find work.  It was a unique and beautiful orchestration of good will conducted by people who had nothing to gain other than allowing their humanity to shine.

There are many things happening in this town.  And there are many things not happening in this town.  Maybe I could be the go-between, a sort of social liaison for foreigners new to Freiburg.

Yes.  I will design my blog site around the needs of new foreigners to Freiburg, Germany.  My approach will be based on a narrative of my experiences here in Germany. Through the good times and bad times, I will share what I've learned firsthand for those who want to cut through the red-tape of relocating here and get in-the-know right away.  

My blog will explore certain themes such as:

1) Dealing with Immigration
2) Learning your way around the city
3) Why going to school here might be a better option
4) Dating in Germany (a mind blowing experience)
5) Facing the challenges of living here

You could think of this blog as my personal diary or journal for social networking and bridging the gap between my home in the States and my new home in Europe.  Forget the bureaucracy.  I'm going to let you know why you should consider visiting or relocating to Europe.  Maybe this is something for you.  Maybe not.  

You be the judge. 

1 Kommentar:

  1. Reg,

    Excellent beginning! I look forward to reading more about your adventures adjusting and then thriving in Germany.

    The Sexy Geek

    AntwortenLöschen